Drugs and Alcohol Testing In the Workplace
We are all too well aware of the increasing problems with drugs and alcohol in the workplace. With over 20 years experience in the private medical sector and in particular occupational work, OSHS are able to offer both random drug testing and for cause testing.
- give employers peace of mind
- meet health and safety requirements
- are considered favourably by insurers
- but more importantly, do not break the bank
Drug and Alcohol Tests
A drug and alcohol test can be carried out anywhere that has toilet facilities. All tests are supervised by highly trained certified individuals. By visiting your premises or site, there is little disruption to your working day, ensuring that any potential problem can be identified using the random testing method.
Samples undergo one or two separate tests. The first (screening) is by immunoassay which rapidly identifies negative samples. Results that screen negative are reported by fax usually within 72 hours.
Gold Standard Confirmations to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
Samples that screen positive may then require further testing to identify with precision the drugs present in the sample. Our COC samples undero the latest technology including:
- GC-MS (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry)
- GC-MS/MS (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry/Mass Spectrometry)
- LC-MS/MS (Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry/Mass Spectrometry)
These methods are the вЂ?Gold StandardвЂ™ in drug testing and provide results that are fully defensible in a court of law, industrial tribunal or similar.